From the stones of Jebel Bani to the sands of Chegaga
A hike in the footsteps of ancient caravans from Timbuktu. A diverse landscape that combine the black desert and the most beautiful ergs of Hamada du Draa. You will cross the Djebel Bani and then you arrive on the sand sea of Erg Chegaga.
Duration : 12 days including 8 days of trekking.
Period : From October to April.
Trek : 5 H – 6 H walking per day (depending on season).
Lodging Marrakech / Ouarzazate : Guest House or hotel based on availability.
Accommodation during the hike : tent or under the stars.
Team : Camel drivers, cook and well experienced guide of nomadic origin.
Transport : minibus / taxi depending on the number of people.
Dromedary to carry luggage and to climb during the trek.
- Djebel Bani and desert rock.
- Chegaga Sand Sea.
- Dunes, tamarisk and desert plateaus.
- The atmosphere, the richness and authenticity of meetings.
- Day 1 : Arrival in Marrakech / Ouarzazate, night in hotel / guest house.
- Day 2 : Transfer to Bouatache next to Zagora 7 H drive from Marrakech and Ouarzazate from 3 H.
- Day 3 to 10 : Hiking through the Jebel Bani, rocky desert, sand sea Chegaga, ergs and regs.
- Day 11 : Back to Marrakech / Ouarzazate.
- Day 12 : Airport / Flight back.
– Air transport.
– The drinks.
– Entered the sites and museums.
– The lunch of arrival and departure.
– Transfers roundtrip airport Marrakech / Ouarzazate to the desert.
– The carrying camels.
– Full board during the tour.